Tuesday, June 17, 2008

So some responses...

have come in, and that's good. People seem to like the ideas but we seem to have gotten mired in a Teachers=Scholars debate that's a little off. Personally, I think we likely have a good possibility of making a Educators Guild - but it's not where I see/want the Scholars to go. Ya, teaching is a Fine Thing for Scholars to do, and ya, it'll even count (although I would want a lesson plan made and gotten feedback from the students on how effective the teaching was) but it's very close to the "Be Not Do" issue I have. Not that there's any problem with teaching per se, I'm just more focused on making stuff. "Learning" as a product is rather nebulous and hard to quantify, and I want to see/have (mostly) tangible results from Scholar work.

No comments: